On the 9th of December 2010, the Actuarial Research Group from KULeuven and Jean-Michel Kupper, Managing director of AG Insurance, signed an agreement that created the ‘AG Insurance Chair in Health Insurance’ for the period 2010-2014. The aim of the AG Insurance Chair was to stimulate interaction and cooperation between academics and practitioners in the field of health insurance. The chairholder was Jan Dhaene (KU Leuven). Marc Goovaerts (KU Leuven), Katrien Antonio (UCL) and Michel Denuit (UCL) were co-chairholders. PhD student Ward Vercruysse (KU Leuven) was research fellow linked to the chair.
On the 16th of December 2015, the ‘AG Insurance Chair in Health Insurance’ was renewed for the period January 2015 to December 2018. The chairholder is Jan Dhaene. The professors Michel Denuit (UCL) and Julien Trufin (ULB) are scientific advisors. PhD Student Hamza Hanbali (KU Leuven) is researcher linked to the chair.
- have a look at the 2010 opening ceremony
- have a look at the 2015 opening ceremony
- learn more about the AG Chair initiatives
- list of selected publications and presentations
- KU Leuven link to the AG Insurance Chair in Health Insurance
- AG Insurance link